Lead Software Engineer @ Sitka
Sitka Technology Group is a leading provider of software applications for environmental conservation efforts. We are looking for an innovative software engineer to join our team in our downtown Portland office. The successful candidate will get to work with like-minded folks on cutting-edge web, mobile, and cloud applications that help protect and restore our natural world.
This is a full-time, mid to senior-level engineering position with responsibility for completing complex software development tasks within our Conservation Management practice area. In addition to hands-on software development, this engineer is expected to take an active leadership role within the team to ensure software meets performance, quality, and functional expectations while meeting project milestones.
The right candidate will:
- Be a skilled communicator
- Thrive in a team setting
- Derive great satisfaction in rising to meet new work challenges and producing quality results
- Have a love for technology and a constant curiosity about the world around you
- 5+ years of relevant job experience
- B.S. degree or better in computer science or other related engineering/scientific field
- Proficiency in languages, frameworks, and patterns necessary to build full-stack web applications
- Enjoys engaging and interacting with clients
- Experience in C# or similar languages
- Familiar with relational databases
- Collaborative self-starter who thrives in a team setting with frequent pair programming
- Quick learner dedicated to continuous improvement
- Focused on software quality and exceeding clients' needs
- Consulting background or professional services background
- Experience, interest, or education in Natural Sciences and the environment
- SQL Server
- Agile development experience
- GIS (especially ArcGIS) and interactive web mapping
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- This is an hourly position. Considering 4 weeks are voluntarily taken as vacation, the salary range is projected to be between $ $85K - $120K
- Flexible hours with PTO
- Fully paid medical coverage for employee
- Retirement plan
- Fast workstations with SSDs and large monitors
- Profit sharing
- Team events
- Professional development opportunities
- Stocked kitchen with unlimited espresso and tea
- Located on the max line in downtown Portland
If you’re ready to meet your next challenge and do something positive for the world you live in, we look forward to hearing from you. All we need is a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you would be excited to join the Sitka Team.
Sitka Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
You must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States without sponsorship.