Software Engineer @ Sitka
Sitka Technology Group is a leading provider of software applications for environmental conservation efforts. We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our team in our downtown Portland office. The successful candidate will get to work with like-minded folks on cutting-edge web, mobile and cloud applications that help protect and restore our natural world.
This is a full-time, entry-level engineering position with responsibility for completing software development tasks of medium to advanced complexity within our Conservation Management practice area. In addition to development tasks, the successful candidate will contribute to design and architectural discussions and take an active role within the team to ensure our applications meet a high standard of performance, quality, and function.
Sitka looks for the right person with good skills not just a person with all the right skillsets.
The right candidate will be:
- A skilled communicator.
- A collaborative self-starter who thrives in a team setting.
- Derive great satisfaction in rising to meet new work challenges and producing quality results.
- Have a love for technology and a constant curiosity about the world around you.
- 1-5 years of relevant job experience.
- Proficiency in languages, frameworks and patterns necessary to build full stack web applications.
- HTML, CSS and client scripting for multiple browsers. For example: AngularJS, JQuery, HTML5, CSS3
- Microsoft .NET languages or equivalent. For example: C#.NET, Java
- Relational database technologies, structured query language or similar. For example: Microsoft SQL Server 2017, T-SQL
- Software development patterns: For example: MVC, Object Oriented, Generic, Semantic
- B.S. degree or better in computer science or other related engineering/scientific field.
- Knowledge of the OSI Model and application layer protocols.
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies and XaaS.
- Proficiency in other programming languages, especially scientific, multi-paradigm or highly concurrent/parallel.
- Knowledge of non-relational databases and alternative consistency models.
- UX, UI, visual design skills.
- Cross platform or mobile development experience.
- GIS and interactive mapping applications.
- Use of *nix based operating systems, virtualization and containerization.
- Work experience in education or environmental sciences
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Flexible hours with PTO
- Fully paid medical coverage for employee
- Retirement plan
- Fast workstations with SSDs and large monitors
- Profit sharing
- Team events
- Professional development opportunities
- Stocked kitchen with unlimited espresso and tea
- Located on the max line in downtown Portland
If you’re ready to meet your next challenge and do something positive for the world you live in, we look forward to hearing from you. All we need is a copy of your resume and a brief cover letter telling us why you would be excited to join the Sitka Team.
Sitka Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
You must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States without sponsorship.